“As above, so below, as within, so without, as the universe, so the soul…” Hermes
These are the seven principles taught by Hermes Trismegistus, also known as Hermes, the Greek God of travelers/thieves/commerce and the messenger of the Gods. He was also known as the great priest Thoth to the Egyptians.
The Seven Principles of the Universe
1. Principle of Mentalism: “All is Mind”
2. Principle of Correspondence: “As is above, so is below. As is below, so is above.”
3. Principle of Vibration: “Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates.”
4. Principle of Polarity: “Everything is dual; everything has an opposite, and opposites are identical in nature but different in degree.”
5. Principle of Rhythm: “Everything flows, out and in; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left- rhythm compensates.”
6. Principle of Cause and Effect: “Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause.”
7. Principle of Gender: “Everything has its masculine and feminine principles.”
“Birch is the first of the tree symbols, for the first moon cycle in the Ogham Tree Calendar. Known by the celts as Beith (pronounced ‘bay’) it is the symbol of new beginnings, regeneration, hope, new dawns and the promise of what is to come. The tree carries ancient wisdom and yet appears forever young.”
For more information and art, please visit my Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/elizabethlevineontherocks
Pricing Coming Soon!